GOT INTERESTED? – APPLY NOW! Please be sure to check the application deadlines for your desired term:
- ACTIVE APPLICATION PERIOD: summer term 2019
- for the summer term 2019 (starting April): September 1st to December 1st, 2018
- for the winter term 2019/2020 (starting October): March 1st to June 1st, 2019
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY? Definitely you should bring enthusiasm for chemistry and be willing to focus your curiosity about nature and science onto chemical problems. Modern synthesis technologies and their application in catalytic processes should not scare you.
Also, you should be open to work and team up with people like you from all over the world.
HOW TO PROCEED?
1. Download the Application Form.
2. Read all fields of the required information thoroughly.
3. Fill in the form.
4. Collect the following documents as simple copy of your original document. If the applied language differs from English or German, have it translated by a sworn translator.
- High School Certificate
- if available: university admission examination
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate with Transcript of Records
- if available: further high school diplomas
- Copy of your passport / identity card (no translation required)
- APS certificate (original) for applicants with a Bachelor’s degree from China, Vietnam or Mongolia
- certificates of internships, English language courses, other relevant achievements
- copies of publication(s), if there are any
- additional form: Application for admission to German university for international applicants. This form has to be hand signed and scanned. Need help?
5. Scan the original and the translated documents.
6. Send the filled in application form in pdf format via email to the SynCat admission team, attach all the required documents.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Based on your application documents we will count your admission score on a point scale. Depending on which you might or might not get asked to prove your chemical knowledge by answering a random quiz question.
You will be sent a link to a problem sheet that comprises some basic chemical problem sets. We kindly ask you to submit your answer within a period of 1 week. Please note that you have to complete the quizz within a periode of 3 hours once you’ve activated the link. After this time elapsed the page will close and you will not be able to log back in. So make sure to hit the send button bevor your sheet expires!
Solving the problem sheet is a crucial part of the application process. You will not get sent a second sheet and you will not be able to log into the original problem sheet, nor will you be able to do any modification on your answers after the time period of 3 hours. PLEASE TAKE THIS SERIOUS AND PUT IN ALL OF YOUR EFFORTS.
However, don’t worry to much about getting everything right. We are testing your skills of adaption and flexibility as well as your knowledge about some chemical issues.
Next our admission panel will thoroughly assess your application.
An interview with you might be scheduled to clarify some details.
You will be notified about the status of your admission within 4 to 6 weeks after the application deadline for your desired term.
YESSSS – I AM IN! WHAT NOW?
You got informed that you successfully applied and got admitted to the program? – Congratulations! Our staff will contact you and send useful start-up information on enrollment, accommodation, and relocation…